Saving our environment and the world by learning 3 Thai phrases
Thailand is well-known as a country for a convenient lifestyle.
It is fascinating to see different vendors selling any kinds of products on the street and walking pace.
However, this convenient consuming became a great problem when plastics are just everywhere. Many street food vendors offer too much of unnecessary plastic bags, straws, and undegraded containers.
Here are the 3 Thai phrases
to save the world by rejecting plastics
Phrase 1: no bag!
- ไม่ใส่ถุง /mây-sày thúng/ = Don’t add it in a plastic bag.
- ไม่เอาถุง /mây-ao thúng/ = I don’t want a bag.
- ไม่รับถุง /mây-ráb thúng/ = I don’t want a bag. (more polite)
Phrase 2: no straw!
- ไม่เอาหลอด /mây-aw lòrd/ = I don’t want a straw.
Phrase 3: Reduce food containers
- ทานที่นี่ /thaan thîi-nîi/ = To eat here.
- เอากล่องมาเอง /ao glòng maa eng/ = I took my own box.
- ทาน /thaan/ = to eat (polite form of /kin/)
- ที่นี่ /thîi-nîi/ = here
- ใส่ /sày/ = to add in / to put on
- ถุง /thúng/ = shopping bag (In this case, it refers to plastic bags)