Learn Thai from the BTS Skytrain
If you live in Bangkok, one of the convenient transportation you use every day is the sky train or what we call “BTS” train.
Before getting to the next station, there is always be a lady’s voice announcing something. Today I would like to help you explain, what exactly the lady says.
Learn Thai vocabulary
สถานี /sà-thãa-nii/ = station
- สถานีตำรวจ /sà-thãa-nii tam-rùad/ = police station
- สถานีรถไฟ /sà-thãa-nii ròd-fay/ = train station
ต่อไป /tòor-pay/ = next
- ครั้งต่อไป /kráng tòr-pay/ = next time
- คนต่อไป /khon tòr-pay/ = next person
- คิวต่อไป /queue tòr-pay/ = next queue
Please note that, you can also use the word หน้า /nâa/ as the word next. It is quite a bit less casual.
When you put these 2 words together, it means
/sà-thãa-nii tòr-pay, sà-thãa-nii Asok/
“Next station, Asok Station”
With elements of vocabulary, sentence construction, grammar, and conversation, this Intensive Thai Course will help you speak Thai properly and fluently.
● 45 online video lessons
● Downloadable textbook
● Downloadable exercise and solution
● Access to online flashcards
● Mp3. Thai audios
● Private walkthrough session
● Email support
● Private group lessons via Zoom